- "A new Japanese team competing for the first time this season. Their cars are tuned for balanced performance."
- ―R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 (Grand Prix mode team blurb)
Pac Racing Club (PRC) is a Japanese racing team in R4: Ridge Racer Type 4, that had debuted in the Real Racing Roots '99 Grand Prix. The name was based on Namco's game Pac-Man. PRC is managed by Shinji Yazaki. The team is best at tuning Terrazi cars. Players experiences amateur, yet experienced drivers. Their tuning is mostly concentrated on well-balanced cars.
Their main colors are red and yellow and their number is 76 (the "76" number is definitely a 2-digit reference to Namco's goroawase number: 765.).
Also shown is that the Pac-Man series was at its 20th year anniversary by the time the game is released.
- "That was my mistake. As his teammate, I should have yielded my track position to him [Giuliano]... It was as if I killed Giuliano myself. The press hounded me to death and I thought I would never come back to racing. But the years helped me deal with that mistake... To redeem myself, I wanted to keep a promise I made with Giuliano - to win the RRR Grand Prix."
- ―Shinji Yazaki, reflecting on the incident with Giuliano Gilbert, after player wins the Heaven and Hell race
The team's manager is Shinji Yazaki, a former racing driver who was demonized in the press as the "Grim Reaper" after being involved in an accident that resulted in the death of co-driver Giuliano Gilbert, Enki Gilbert's son, during the 1986 Real Racing Roots season.
Haunted by this, he became deeply cynical and pessimistic, initially treating the player with condescending contempt. But when an article about Giuliano's demise appeared in the press, Yazaki came clean about his past.
- Reiko Nagase, R4's mascot, is apparently a PRC fan, shown by a fax mail she sent to PRC in one of the post-race cutscenes (after winning the Phantomile race).
- All Preset cars (the default Assoluto and Age Solo cars in the garage) use PRC tuning.
- Before founding PRC, Yazaki was racing for RTS from 1983 to 1986.
- Shinji Yazaki is 36 years old when Real Racing Roots 1999 takes place.
|Ridge Racer series|
|Arcade games||Ridge Racer · 2 · Rave Racer · Pocket Racer · V: Arcade Battle|
|Console and handheld games||Ridge Racer · Revolution · Rage Racer · Type 4 · 64 (DS) · V · Ridge Racer (PSP) (2) · 6 · 7 · 3D · Unbounded (Driftopia) · Ridge Racer (PlayStation Vita)|
|Mobile games||Ridge Racer · Drift · Accelerated · Slipstream · Draw & Drift|
|Related games||SimDrive · Ace Driver (Victory Lap · 3: Final Turn) · Dirt Dash · R: Racing Evolution · Critical Velocity · Pachislot|
|Universe and people||Ridge City · Ridge State · Shatter Bay · Real Racing Roots · UFRA · Reiko Nagase · Enki Gilbert · Shinji Yazaki · Sophie Cavalier · Robert Chrisman · Ai Fukami · Rena Hayami · Gina Cavalli · Stephan Garnier · Kara Shindo|
|Game mechanics||Drifting · Grand Prix · Slipstream · Nitrous · Car Classes · Customization · Special Machine|