The Kamata Angelus (also known as the "White Angel") is a Special Machine , driven by "Angel". It is, along with the Crinale, one of the most prevalent of the Special Machines in Ridge Racer history. Its qualities from game to game include its extreme speed and its superb maneuverability.
In Ridge Racer Revolution and Ridge Racer V, the car somewhat resembles a Ferrari F50 or a McLaren F1. In Ridge Racer 7, the car has a bizarre, six-wheeled design, and very small windows. There also appears to be a camera on the front grille.
Generally, the "White Angel" has been rumored to have practically no weaknesses, and is deemed to be exceptionally difficult to defeat.
The Angelus also has a distinctive emblem depicting an angel holding a staff or a spear, with the blue number 0 as its racing number.
The Angelus is replaced in RRVita by the Zihua Archangel.
The Angelus has appeared in most games with a different design.
- In RR5, it had the Craymel KA-CLMX W18 DOHC engine, 7-speed transmission, and a top speed of 592 kph (368 mph); it was also the only time the Angelus was labeled as a Grip-type car. Plus, the headlights and taillights were re-designed from its original incarnation in Ridge Racer Revolution.
- A super-deformed (SD) version of the car, along with the original, also appeared in the arcade-only Pocket Racer.
2005 Angelus (Ridge Racer 6)
Ridge Racer 6's iteration of the Angelus retains its prototype racer/supercar profile and its white paint with an updated look. Compared to Ridge Racer V, the top speed is significantly slower at 345 km/h. A unique feature of this car is that it has pop-up nitrous boosters if the player uses two or more boosts. In this iteration, the car's a good all-rounder with excellent top speed rating. It is powered by a 6.8 liter V10 engine.
2005 Angelus Concept
The Angelus in Ridge Racer (PSP). It has been dramatically changed from it's first form, and according to the car info it requires the driver to sit in a motorcycle-riding fashion.
- Made In: Japan
- Drift Type: Special
- Max Speed: 216 mph
- Description: Angelus is Kamata's outrageous gun barrel-shaped dream concept machine powered by a gas turbine jet engine. Due to its odd shape, the driver must take a unique motorcycle-like riding form.
2006 Angelus Mk. 0.
The Angelus in Ridge Racer 7. It has a similar appearance to the version from RRPSP, but is overall more rounded and aerodynamic. It also replaces the single headlight in the middle turbine for two on the sides, with one bigger turbine occupying the middle.
The Angelus is statistically one of the best performing cars in the game. It is similar to the Soldat Crinale in top speed and acceleration, but it is much grippier, its nitrous shots lasts longer, it also has a very good standard charge although it has a somewhat weak ultimate charge. It is one of the most controllable cars in the game, and its description notes that it has very high-tech safety features, making it easy to drive in the hands of anyone. This is a polar opposite of the Crinale, which is "deadly in the hands of an unskilled driver". The Angelus does however not perform very good intertia drifts, and can be difficult to swing around sharp corners fast enough. Even with the incredible stability, its driver still needs absolute control and knowledge of the course.
The Kamata Angelus is unlocked in the "Angelus Extreme Battle", where the player must race their Class 1 Machine against it in a one-on-one duel on Harborline 765. While any Class 1 machine can be used, it is recommended to use a vehicle with top-tier performance in top speed and acceleration, such as the Soldat Crinale, Soldat Raggio or Assoluto Fatalita.
2011 ANGL Concept.
In Ridge Racer 3D for Nintendo 3DS, the RR7 version of the Angelus reappears as the ANGL Concept. It retains its grippy and controllable driving style.
- Ridge Racer Revolution
- Pocket Racer
- Ridge Racer Turbo
- Ridge Racer V
- Ridge Racer (PSP)
- Ridge Racer 2 (PSP)
- Ridge Racer 6
- Ridge Racer 7
- Ridge Racer 3D
- Kamata Angelus also can be found racing with the Soldat Crinale on a track in Ridge Racer 6.
- The RRV incarnation of Kamata Angelus holds the highest top speed of all Ridge Racer cars of all time, with 591 km/h (367 mph) as of 2018.
- The last four letters after the "KA-" prefix in the RRV's Angelus' engine suggests that it is the "climax", due to being the most advanced engine in the game.
- The Craymel KA-CLMX's name is a reference to the Tales of RPG series, which is also made by Namco.
- The RRV incarnation of the car is the only vehicle known to use a "W" engine. This means the car essentially has two engines laid out either next to or opposite each other.
- The text on the medal received after deafeating Angelus in RRV says "Honi soit qui mal y pense". It is the motto of the British chivalric Order of the Garter, and it can be translated as "May he be shamed who thinks badly of it".
- In Ridge Racer 6, the Angelus's resemblance is less McLaren like, but more like a Mercedes-Benz or Maserati.
- The RR7 Angelus is Resemble Thrust2 a British designed and built jet propelled car.
|Cars in Ridge Racer V|
|Regular cars||Kamata Fiaro · Danver Toreador · Rivelta Solare · Kamata Fortune · Rivelta Mercurio · Himmel E.O.|
|Duel cars||Danver Spectra · Rivelta Crinale · Soldat Rumeur · Kamata Angelus|
|Pac-Man cars||Pac-Man · Pac-Man's Ghosts (Blinky, Inky, Pinky, Clyde)|
|See also: Jeger · VECT Engineering|
|Cars in Ridge Racer (PSP) and Ridge Racer 2 (PSP)|
|Class 1/4||Kamata Fiera · Age Prophetie · Danver Bayonet|
|Class 2/5||Age Abeille · Gnade Esperanza · Assoluto Bisonte|
|Class 3/6||Assoluto Fatalita · Himmel E.O. · Soldat Raggio|
|Specials||Kamata Angelus* · Soldat Crinale* · Rally-X Car' · Namco Pac-Man* · Danver Hijack^ · Terrazi Wild Gang^ · Age Angelus Kid^ · Age Crinale Kid^ · Yamasa Raggio^|
|* indicate cars in both games but with different designs, ' indicate cars only in 1, ^ indicate cars only in 2|