- "A winning team in the past, this American team is in a slump. Their limited budget will make a winning season difficult to achieve"
- ―R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 (Grand Prix mode team blurb)
The team is depicted to have problems, two of which being fund shortages and a business-oriented owner.
The team's managed by Robert Chrisman, a 45 year-old American man. He's generally a nice person, but the team's trouble did slightly embitter him, such as a business-oriented owner that caused one of his colleagues to leave the team and plans of replacing the player with a famous driver because the owner thinks that the player didn't generate enough publicity for the team, putting Chrisman at odds with the owner, and the aforementioned budget problems. Over the course of the season, he didn't want the player to be involved in the team's slump.
At the end of the season, the owner offered Chrisman another chance to manage the team with better salary. However, he rejected the offer and decided to retire from the racing scene. In the post-race epilogue, it's revealed that he returned home to his wife and kids.
Dig Racing Team later returned in Ridge Racer 64, using a facelifted Age Dirigeant.
In Ridge Racer 7, it is revealed in Ridge State News that Chrisman opens a kart racing school, and Dig Racing Team is now known as Dig Dug, a bodykit manufacturer.
- Robert was married and has children.
- His English was good, even when he's talking, since he is American.
- He was mentioned in Ridge State News that he made a kart racing school.
- The fate of the team is similar to the Williams F1 team, as Williams was also a victorious team that suffered slump multiple times in 90s and 2000s.
- If the player scored two consecutive wins at the Final Heat, Robert will compare the player to Giuliano Gilbert, a former racing driver who passed away well before the events of the game.
- In Germany, Ridge Racer Type 4 almost got banned because Dig Your Own Grave team phrase is a reference to a holocaust tragedy in World War 2 when Nazis force Jews to dig their own graves to be executed.
|Ridge Racer series|
|Arcade games||Ridge Racer · 2 · Rave Racer · Pocket Racer · V: Arcade Battle|
|Console and handheld games||Ridge Racer · Revolution · Rage Racer · Type 4 · 64 (DS) · V · Ridge Racer (PSP) (2) · 6 · 7 · 3D · Unbounded (Driftopia) · Ridge Racer (PlayStation Vita)|
|Mobile games||Ridge Racer · Drift · Accelerated · Slipstream · Draw & Drift|
|Related games||SimDrive · Ace Driver (Victory Lap · 3: Final Turn) · Dirt Dash · R: Racing Evolution · Critical Velocity · Pachislot|
|Universe and people||Ridge City · Ridge State · Shatter Bay · Real Racing Roots · UFRA · Reiko Nagase · Enki Gilbert · Shinji Yazaki · Sophie Cavalier · Robert Chrisman · Ai Fukami · Rena Hayami · Gina Cavalli · Stephan Garnier · Kara Shindo|
|Game mechanics||Drifting · Grand Prix · Slipstream · Nitrous · Car Classes · Customization · Special Machine|