Danver (Japanese: ダンヴァー) is an American car manufacturer, introduced in Ridge Racer V where its cars center around acceleration rather than grip or top speed. Danver is considered to be the counterpart of Ford of Ridge Racer.
Many of Danver cars require more skill than required to drive its rivals. For instance, the Hijack drifts insanely out of control deeming it not a wise car for new comers but good for veterans of the Ridge Racer series.
According to a news ticker in Ridge Racer 7, Danver is founded by a man named Jeff Danver.
Danver's notable cars include:
- Tornade (mentioned in Ridge Racer 7): Danver's first automobile.
- Toreador: A typical 4-gear V8 muscle car, featuring the looks of "New Edge" Ford Mustang (1999-2004), with rear lights from Nissan Silvia (S15).
- Spectra: A super car with incredible acceleration but poor handling. Resembles a Chevrolet Bel Air without the white bumper coat.
- Bayonet: An American sports car in the lines of Chevrolet Corvette. It's name was previously a Lizard product.
- Hijack: A truck, debuted in Rage Racer as a Lizard product.
- Bass Cruiser: An SUV/van that was featured in RR6 and RR7, noteworthy of its difficult drifting style. The trunk features an huge audio system inside.
- Hi-Night: Danver's latest car, debuting in Ridge Racer 3D, a retro-styled car with styling of 50's "lowrider" cars.
- Because of their reuse of car names that were formerly Lizard's, it is implied that Danver took over/purchased Lizard between Ridge Racer V and the PSP games. However, this is not officially confirmed.
|Manufacturers in Ridge Racer series|
|Active||Âge · Assoluto · Danver · Gnade · Himmel · Kamata · Lucky & Wild · Sinseong · Soldat · Terrazi · Zihua|
|Defunct||Lizard · Rivelta|