- "Created by the same manufacturer as the Bisonte, Fatalita is a sports car in its own right. Evolved over years of racing, this car is a thoroughbred circuit racer."
- ―Ridge Racer (PSP)
Design and performance
In Rage Racer, the Fatalita is touted as the "protagonist" car, as the game's intro FMV prominently show the car. In this game, the Fatalita features a look similar to a Lotus Elise, turning into a Porsche 911 GT1 look-alike in Class 5. The car features a rotary engine similar to the Mazda RX-7, starting with a 2-rotor engine, turning to a 3-rotor engine in the car's ultimate specification (Class 5) and can be equipped with automatic transmission. The same Fatalita (with Class 3 body) returns in R4: Ridge Racer Type 4, with a 3-rotor engine from the start. Finishing first twice in the first heat grants the player the Fatalita for the second heat.
For the PSP games, as well as Ridge Racer 6, 7, and 3D, the Fatalita's design was dramatically changed to a typical Lamborghini look, specifically the Murcielago. Originally, in the PSP games, the car was equipped with pop-up headlights, but it was changed to a more modern projector headlights in the sixth game. This version also appears in Ridge Racer Slipstream, incorrectly named Assoluto Bisonte (later renamed Fatalita after an update). Two versions available in both Ridge Racer 7 and Slipstream: the "standard" variant, purchasable by the player and customizable, and the "Complete Machine", a pre-tuned variant obtainable by winning a certain race.
For the Vita game, the Fatalita returns as one of the DLC cars for the game, now reverting to the original Elise-styled look and rotary engine (now with four rotors), in essence making the third generation Fatalita a retro-styled car.
The upgrade chart for all the car's available configurations in Rage Racer.
|Grade||Power||Gears||Engine||Max speed (MT)||Price (eg)|
|3||255 ps||6||Rotary 2-rotor 652x2 cc (1304 cc) Turbo|| 273 km/h|
|4||325 ps||6||Rotary 2-rotor 652x2 cc (1304 cc) Supercharged|| 287 km/h|
|5||375 ps||6||Rotary 3-rotor 652x3 cc (1956 cc) Turbo|| 310 km/h|
- All maximum speed numbers correspond to the car when driven with manual transmission. Please note that not all cars in Rage Racer can be equipped with automatic transmission.
- The price that appears in the first row indicates the car purchase price from the car shop. All other prices are prices for upgrading the car.
- All versions of Rage Racer uses ps (metric horsepower) as unit of power.
- Data taken from rr-ken.net (Japanese only), except for speed in mph, which is taken from Sal_89's GameFAQs entry.
R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
The car's maximum speed and horsepower from all the four stages and teams. The Garage number indicates the car number in the Change Car (in the Garage mode). In Ridge Racer Type 4, it's powered by a three-rotor rotary engine.
|2||5|| 203 km/h|
| 194 km/h|
| 203 km/h|
| 212 km/h|
|3||9|| 212 km/h|
| 205 km/h|
| 216 km/h|
| 226 km/h|
|4||16|| 303 km/h|
| 296 km/h|
| 306 km/h|
| 317 km/h|
- Horsepower numbers taken from rr-ken.net (Japanese language only). Please note, the horsepower numbers are not displayed in the game.
Ridge Racer 7
The car's maximum speed from all engine upgrade combinations.
|Category||Stage 0||Stage 1||Solvalou||Druaga||Zolgear|
|2||308 km/h||315 km/h||319 km/h||320 km/h||316 km/h|
|1||328 km/h||335 km/h||339 km/h||341 km/h||336 km/h|
Ridge Racer 2 (PSP)
The car's maximum speeds from all the car's available configurations in Ridge Racer 2 for PSP.
|3||260 km/h||262 km/h||264 km/h|
|6||331 km/h||333 km/h||335 km/h|
- Fatalita means "fatality" in Italian.
- The Fatalita is the only Assoluto car that can be equipped with an automatic transmission in Rage Racer.
- The Fatalita is the only car in Rage Racer to return in Ridge Racer Type 4.
- In the PSP titles, the Class 3 Fatalita has a 6-speed transmission. However, in Class 6 specifications, it has a 5-speed transmission.
- Ridge Racer Slipstream's depiction of the Fatalita stated that it had undergone a minor update which saw the change of upholstery from leather to fabric, technically downgrading the car.
- One of the available aero upgrades in Ridge Racer 7 features aerodynamic wheel spats. In real life, wheel spats are practically obsolete since the mid-2000s, but once popular in older racing cars.
- Ridge Racer 7 described the Fatalita Complete Machine as "not much different" from its standard ones. This is a possible nod to Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT which retained its standard engine but slightly modified by fitting air restrictors.
- In the PS Vita releases, the Fatalita returned to its original rotary engine layout.
|Cars in Rage Racer|
|Class 1||Gnade Esperanza|
|Class 2||Lizard Acceron · Age Erriso|
|Class 3||Lizard Bayonet · Age Abeille · Assoluto Fatalita|
|Class 4||Lizard Hijack* · Age Pegase* · Assoluto Istante*|
|Class 5||Assoluto Ghepardo*|
|Class 6||Lizard Bulldog* · Age Vanquire · Assoluto Squaldon*|
|* denotes car only available with manual transmission|
|Cars in R4: Ridge Racer Type 4|
|Stage 1||Assoluto Promessa · Lizard Bonfire · Terrazi Ambitious · Age Solo Prophetie|
|Stage 2|| Assoluto Bisonte · Lizard Detector · Terrazi Troop · Age Solo Dirigeant|
Assoluto Regalo · Lizard Wisdom · Terrazi Rumor · Age Solo Bataille
Assoluto Fatalita · Lizard Officer · Terrazi Wildboar · Age Solo Megere
|Stage 3|| Assoluto Rondine · Lizard Colleague · Terrazi Capital · Age Solo Antilope|
Assoluto Cavaliere · Lizard Comrade · Terrazi Cowboy · Age Solo Averse
Assoluto Infinito · Lizard Ignition · Terrazi Starlight · Age Solo Licorne
|Stage 4|| Assoluto Aquila · Lizard Tamer · Terrazi Decision · Age Solo Espion|
Assoluto Estasi · Lizard Cataract · Terrazi Terrific · Age Solo Sorciere
Assoluto Squalo · Lizard Reckless · Terrazi Destroyer · Age Solo Supernova
|Extra Trial||Assoluto Vulcano · Lizard Nightmare · Terrazi Utopia · Age Solo Ecureuil|
|Cars in Ridge Racer (PSP) and Ridge Racer 2 (PSP)|
|Class 1/4||Kamata Fiera · Age Prophetie · Danver Bayonet|
|Class 2/5||Age Abeille · Gnade Esperanza · Assoluto Bisonte|
|Class 3/6||Assoluto Fatalita · Himmel E.O. · Soldat Raggio|
|Specials||Kamata Angelus* · Soldat Crinale* · Rally-X Car' · Namco Pac-Man* · Danver Hijack^ · Terrazi Wild Gang^ · Age Angelus Kid^ · Age Crinale Kid^ · Yamasa Raggio^|
|* indicate cars in both games but with different designs, ' indicate cars only in 1, ^ indicate cars only in 2|