- "Assoluto is a sports car manufacturer. The company emobides the spirit of it's founder, Assoluto, who was once a racer himself."
- ―R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
Assoluto (Japanese: アッソルート) is an Italian car manufacturer whose cars are known for their higher top speed in earlier games, and is now the Lamborghini of the series. Assoluto first appears in Rage Racer and have been a mainstay in the series since, with the exception of one absence in Ridge Racer V.
Cars Manufactered by Assoluto
- Assoluto Fatalita (Rage Racer, RR4, RRPSP, RR2PSP, RR6, RR7, RR3D)
- Assoluto Ghephardo (Rage Racer)
- Assoluto Istante (Rage Racer)
- Assoluto Squaldon (Rage Racer) - named Dragone in the Japanese version
- Assoluto Promessa (RR4, Vita)
- Assoluto Bisonte (RR4, RR64, RRPSP, RR2PSP, RR6, RR7, Vita, Unbounded) - named Bisargento in the Vita game, and used incorrectly as Fatalita's name in Ridge Racer Slipstream
- Assoluto Regalo (RR4)
- Assoluto Rondine (RR4)
- Assoluto Cavaliere (RR4)
- Assoluto Infinito (RR4, RR64)
- Assoluto Aquila (RR4)
- Assoluto Estasi (RR4)
- Assoluto Squalo (RR4)
- Assoluto Vulcano (RR4)
- Assoluto Pronzione (RR6, RR7)
- Assoluto is Italian for Absolute philosophy, the concept of an unconditional reality which transcends limited, conditional, everyday existence.
- In Ridge Racer 7, it is mentioned that Assoluto had a secret meeting with UFRA officials in a restaurant near their team's headquarters.
- The fact that Assoluto is founded by a (eponymous) racer might be a reference to Enzo Ferrari, which was also a race car driver himself. Ironically, Rivelta/Soldat, presumed to be rivals of Assoluto, is often considered as Ridge Racer's counterparts to Ferrari.
|Manufacturers in Ridge Racer series|
|Active||Âge · Assoluto · Danver · Gnade · Himmel · Kamata · Lucky & Wild · Sinseong · Soldat · Terrazi · Zihua|
|Defunct||Lizard · Rivelta|